The WRRC Survival Run is a FREE adventure trail event open to club members only (not a member yet? become one here or renew here)
We meet at 7:45 for an 8:00am start at Carolina Beach State Park visitor's center.
There are usually two courses: short (5 ish) and long (10 ish). Distances vary from year to year depending on course conditions.
Things to know:
- Course will only be roughly marked. Follow other runners at your risk, they may be lost too!
- Run with a buddy. It is always more fun to be lost in the woods with a friend. Or maybe even lose a friend in the woods.
- Don't get lost for too long.
- Course may be rugged (it's not Bad Water or the Barkley Marathons, so no worries).
- Sign up early. We are limited on the number of runners allowed in the park this year.
The Survival Run has been a club tradition for a long time. We have not permanently lost a runner...YET. All come out of the woods...eventually!