WRRC Scholarship Program
The Wilmington Road Runners provides two annual scholarship awards to qualified high-school seniors in the Wilmington area
The Wilmington Road Runners Club (WRRC) will again award two $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors in the Cape Fear region.
- Senior or graduation eligible status at a high school in Brunswick, Pender, or New Hanover County. All public, private and parochial schools are eligible.
- Member of the varsity cross country and/or track team.
- Planning to continue running after high school in any capacity.
- Has not been awarded a full athletic or academic scholarship at a post-secondary institution.
- Passion for cross country or track.
- Success in any high school cross country or track and field event.
- Involvement in extracurricular school activities where leadership or teamwork was demonstrated.
(Note: The athlete's GPA or financial need is not part of the selection criteria.)
Applications must be submitted by coaches no later than April 17, 2017. One male and one female athlete will be selected by the WRRC scholarship committee. Winners will be announced by May 5, 2017.
Last year’s winners were Henry Kunz from New Hanover High School and Hasler Roberson from South Brunswick H.S.
Please know that the WRRC is fully aware of NCAA requirements for awarding scholarships. We will comply with all NCAA guidelines and not jeopardize additional scholarship that an athlete may have been awarded.
If there are any questions regarding the WRRC Scholarship Program, please contact Rob Ward or Tracy Christian.
Download the application in PDF format here:
Download the WRRC Letter to Lower Cape Fear Area High School Coaches here:
Download the WRRC Scholarship Flyer Here:WRRC 2017 Scholarship Flyer
© 2017 Wilmington Roadrunners
Wilmington Roadrunners Club, P.O. Box 7396, Wilmington, NC 28406