WRRC Scholarship Program
The Wilmington Road Runners provides two annual scholarship awards to qualified high-school seniors in the Wilmington area
In 2018 the Wilmington Road Runners Club (WRRC) will again award two $1,000 scholarships to high school seniors in the Cape Fear region.
- Senior or graduation eligible status at a high school in Brunswick, Pender, or New Hanover County. All public, private and parochial schools are eligible.
- Member of the cross country and/or track team.
- Planning to continue running after high school in any capacity.
- Has not been awarded a full athletic or academic scholarship at a post-secondary institution.
- Passion for cross country or track.
- Participation in any high school cross country or track and field event.
- Involvement in extracurricular school activities where leadership or teamwork was demonstrated.
(Note: The athlete's GPA or financial need is not part of the selection criteria.)
Applications must be submitted online by qualified students no later than March 23, 2018. One male and one female athlete will be selected by the WRRC scholarship committee. Winners will be announced by April 6, 2018.
Please know that the WRRC is fully aware of NCAA requirements for awarding scholarships. We will comply with all NCAA guidelines and not jeopardize additional scholarship that an athlete may have been awarded.
If there are any questions regarding the WRRC Scholarship Program, please contact Rob Ward or Tracy Christian.
Good luck to all applicants and our best wishes for a great academic and athletic future in your college endeavors!
Coached by Billy Mason at Hoggard.
Coached by Sam Bobbitt at Laney.
© 2017 Wilmington Roadrunners
Wilmington Roadrunners Club, P.O. Box 7396, Wilmington, NC 28406